Thursday, April 20, 2017

week 13: reconsidering the superhero
In class


I liked the story because in a way it explains why Joker is the way he is. I like this type of stories where the person, who it seems you would never feel any remorse to, has their story told and you can see a big difference between what they were and what they are now. I've read the part where he shoots the woman and then we don't really know what happened except for injury, and I don't think anything happens, I believe that he just took pictures of her. But I don't know enough about the Joker to judge. I read about this part previously in an article discussing reasons why Joker is the scariest enemy of Batman.

The only mediums that can be used for this story I can think of are film and animation. I like comics because it's kind of like a storyboard. And I know that for example on the set of “the walking dead” they use comics as a storyboard for some moment. I don't really know about making any changes to the story because I feel like it's very cinematic already by itself. It even looks like it has been made to make a film out of it. For example when batman says “where is he?” and then next frame there's a guy who says “you are here”. I feel like it's a really good connection between the scenes in the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment